We, at Belsize Square Synagogue, are constantly expanding on what we can offer our members with particular needs, whether it is age-related, or a physical or mental disability. Our mission here is to treat everyone equally and we are always looking at new ways to improve upon this.
- There is a hearing-loop in the Sanctuary
- We provide magnifying ‘bookmarks’ to assist those visually impaired
- Our Services may be watched online at home
- There is a lift to the Bimah, if needed
- As an inclusive employer, we are registered as ‘Disability Confident Level 1’. To ensure our employees are kept mentally fit and productive, we have shared the Stevenson Farmer report on ‘Thriving at work’
- To assist our members, we share information about other Jewish organisations: these include JAMI (mental illness), Chai (cancer support), and Langdon (education, supported-living, social and employment schemes for young adults with a learning disability)
- We hold an annual, mental-awareness Shabbat evening service
- We hold an annual ‘inclusion service’ Shabbat morning, for the whole community, including those, who might otherwise not normally attend. We invite people of all age-brackets and needs to attend, with carers if they wish
- We are a modern Synagogue, to which Jews from all backgrounds are welcomed
Belsize Square Synagogue recognises that everyone has value and is due respect and tolerance. We wish to embrace, and be welcoming and accessible to all, and, in particular, meet parents’ aspirations for their children. The whole Belsize Square Synagogue community joins in to help us meet these aims.
For more information contact: the synagogue office on 020 7794 3949